My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

This card was created for a couple of papercrafting challenges.
The Cuttlebug Spot
Cricut Circle Message Board Color Challenge
(Membership only website)
Sponsored by Renee at "I Came, I Saw, I Created" Blog
The combination of colors is out of my comfort zone, so this was quite a challenge for me!
Real Red, Pacific Blue, and Pumpkin Spice...Stampin' Up colors!
I didn't have the Stampin' Up papers, so I hope these colors are OK!
This is a center-opening card.  The scalloped section hides the opening.
The flowers are created using the Cricut "Close to My Heart" Cartridge "Art Philosophy".
I used the Gypsy to make various sizes of the different flowers.
The flowers are very easy to roll.  The leaves are from a Sizzix die that I cut using my Cuttlebug.  This branch die is one of my favorite leaf dies!
Another "Art Philosophy" flower!
I took the pictures before the glue dried...the glue will dry clear!
The red dress is in honor of May being
"Women's Heart Health Awareness Month"
The dress is one of the images on the "Gypsy Wanderings" cartridge that came with the Gypsy.  I used one of the 'tag' features to create the image.
The 'tag' image includes the large scalloped oval and the dress.  Everything cuts separately.  The blue oval behind the dress is cut using an oval Spellbinders die.  The blue oval was embossed using the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Textile Texture"
I cut the dress and scalloped image three times.  Then put foam tape between the dresses to give dimension.  Before adhering the dress to the  card, I tied a black ribbon around the waist of the dress to add interest.  The ends of the ribbon are glued to the dress using Zots.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my...this is just such a pretty card! I know what you mean about working "outside your zone", but these colors look awesome! Love all your layers and popped up dress! The bling, flowers and pearls all add such wonderful detail...I love it!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's beautiful Carolyn...The colors are so striking together.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great card and the colors really are awesome together. TFS

RockinRenee said...

That's the whole point of the Creative Color Challenge...to get you out of your color comfort zone. Your card is just lovely! I love how you made the dress dimensional simply by cutting it out several times!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, love how you popped up the dress.

Vanessa said...

Great card! I love the flowers and the way you added a ribbon belt on the dress. TFS!

Kerry said...

Wow, you've made a fantastic card with so many pretty details. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.
Tip - When entering challenges, please link back to the challenge blog. This helps other bloggers join in too. Thanks Kerry x

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you Kerry for reminding me about the link...I forgot! The link is on the post!
Carolyn

Lori said...

Great card! It is elegant. My favorite is the extra layers you used on the dress. I have to remember that technique!

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE all the extra layers on that dress.... Nice Dimension! And those flowers are sooo pretty... More dimension! I think you do amazing things when you step out of your comfort zone.... I LOVE THIS CARD! :O)