My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

"Save the Earth" Challenge

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog
"Save the Earth" Crawl and Challenge

I am a member of the
Cricut Circle!
Each quarter, members receive an exclusive Cricut Cartridge for members only.
The cartridges come in this wonderful, sturdy box!
I love to find uses for this box!
The box closes securely and can be used to hold lots of treasures!
The outside is already special!  I worked very carefully to remove the shipping labels to prevent too much damage to the outside of the box.
I carefully unfolded the box.
I measured a piece of paper to fit the inside of the box.
I scored and folded the paper.
Then, glued the paper to the inside of the box.
I cut 12 inch borders from the Cricut Cartridge "Art Philosophy".  These will be applied around the edges of the paper inside the box.
The flowers will be used later.
The paper is glued to the box, the border is adhered to the top of the box, and the box is folded back together.
To decorate the top of the box, I used a flower from the cartridge "Art Philosphy".  I cut it to fit a 12x12inch mat using DCWV "Smooth" Cardstock.
This is the rolled flower.
I used the flat flowers from "Art Philosophy" as leaves for the flower.  I cut the flowers in half and arranged the pieces around the flower.
The Cricut Circle is from the Cricut Exclusive Cartridge "Everyday Cricut".
The butterflies are extra cuts from the Cricut Cartridge "Storybook".
I had two, so I foam taped the butterflies together to give depth.
Then added color using a Martha Stewart Glitter Pen.
Complete view of the top!
Circut Circle members have Circle Meet-Ups during the year.
These Meep-Ups are held throughout the USA.
Members spend time together having loads of fun ....and cropping, if there is time!
Members create 3 inch x 3 inch calling cards to swap at each Meet-Up.
My first Cartridge Box was used to create my first Calling Card!
I teach papercrafting classes and use other Circle Boxes to hold stamping supplies.
I plan to use my newest decorated box to hold calling cards for future Meet-Ups!
These are two cards that I have used for past Meet-Ups!
So, this is how I am 'Saving the Earth'...by reusing!

I hope you have a wonderful week!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!
Ya'll come back again, real soon!





17 comments:

Vanessa said...

What fabulous "green" projects! Thanks for sharing the details!

ddair said...

LOVE what you have created with the box. I've saved mine too.Thanks for sharing the instructions.
Diania

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great use and decorations on your Cricut Circle boxes. They are quite handy. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

Megan said...

What a great idea! Cute project! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

Jessica said...

What a cute box! I love how you celebrate your love of all things Cricut by recycling it. The yellow and green go well together. Thanks for playing along with FCCB this week. :)

Jessica
http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Carolyn what an awesome idea.. love how it turned out.. hope someday i might get the chance to meet up with you at one of the crops.. hugs from ukiah

CraftyJAR said...

I love what you did with the box and how you have been using the previous boxes. Thanks for Joining in or crawl at FCCB.
Judy

Sonya said...

What a clever idea! So glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

Arcy Scraps said...

Wow! You gave this box a fabulous make over! I love all the cuts you included! Thanks for joining us at fccb!
♥ Cyndy

Diane said...

Fabulous job and I can't part with the boxes either!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great project... I didn't keep the boxes but I recycled the green stuffing from the first one and made Christmas ornaments with them and they turned out awesome. Love recycling. TFS

Diane said...

What a fun way to use those pretty boxes. Mine are stacked in a closet and will have to pull them out and use them. Your boxes are beautiful and thanks for the inspiration.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Ah, that was beautiful! I use my CC boxes to hold extra die cuts but haven't decorated them yet - thanks for the inspiration!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

The rose with the Circle logo is precious! Love that touch!!

Debby said...

What a great idea!! Love it.

Scrapper69 said...

What a BRILLIANT IDEA! I LOVE how you used all the boxes and the flower is gorgeous! :o)

Creative M said...

wow!Beautiful!!