My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cricut "Create a Critter" Card!

I made this shape card using the Cricut Gypsy, a handheld design studio, and the Cricut Expression, an electronic die cutting machine.  Both products are made by Provocraft.
I used the Cricut Cartridge "Create a Critter" for the racoon image.
I put 2 shadow images of the racoon, 1 regular image, 1 each of the 3 layers for the racoon into the window box on my Gypsy.  By putting all the images in the box, I will be able to increase/decrease the size and manipulate all the images at the same time.
I am using the Kindle Fire to look at the handbook for "Create a Critter".  To learn how to put the Cricut Cartridge handbooks on the Kindle, please click here...
I am using the 12inch x 12inch mat.  With all the images on the screen, I will manipulate each image to create the shape card.
**The shadow images become the card base.  I turned one of the images upside down, flipped it, moved it above the main card image, and welded the places where the images touched.  The red images are the shadow images that are now the card base.

**Because I put all the images in the same skew line on the Gypsy and then put it on the digital mat, everything increased in proportion at the same time!  So the main images and all the layers are going to fit on the base card!  Isn't that cool!!!
Here are the images after cutting.
The finished card!
Pink paper was glued behind the ears and nose.  White gel pen outlines the edges for interest.  The heart are 3 different 'heart' punches!  I colored the eyes, paws, and feet with black Copic Marker, then added a twine bow...just for cuteness!

For more shaped cards, please visit "She's a Sassy Lady" blog!  Shelia has a very special shape card to show you!!  Check it out!

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Comments are always loved and appreciated!






6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh, my goodness if he ADORABLE! I hadn't seen this one yet... guess I will have to make him for my stash! Love it. Thanks for playing along and sharing at She's A Sassy Lady today!

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...perfect shape card! Lee-Ann :)

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is such a cute card. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I commented on this adorable card in the preivous post

Georgiana said...

Loving your shaped raccoon!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my word...your little raccoon is just darling! Love that you turned him into a shaped card...toooo cute!