My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Four Legged Friends Scrapbook Page

I created this scrapbook page for a challenge on
Die Cuttin Divas Blog "Challenge #67:  Anything Goes!"
I created the page using the Gypsy and the Cricut Expression.
All the Cricut cuts are from the Cricut Lite Cartridge "Four Legged Friends".
This is the first time I have used the cartridge.
I used a black Cricut Marker to draw the images and then cut the images out.
A 12x12inch mat was used for the cat and dog images.  Layers and phrase were cut on this mat.
After the images were drawn and cut...
I cut this page again using different colors.  This created multiples of the images, but that is OK, I can use them later!
This is the second Gypsy 12x12 inch mat.
All the images, layers, letters and phrases have been cut and kept separate in a desk drawer organizer.  The printed sheet under the organizer is actually a piece of fabric 'paper' that has adhesive on the back.  The printed sheet is by "Elise".  I used the Cricut Lite Cartridge "Four Legged Friends" for all the images and phrases.
The images and phrases have been completed and are ready for the layout!
I cut a piece of blue cardstock to fit the corner.  This provided a background for the little kitty.  The food bowl is cut from a 'mirror' paper that I had in my stash.  All images are put on with dimensional tape to give depth.
I repeated the process on the other corner with the little dog.  I used Martha Stewart Glitter Pens to add some interest to the collars on the kitty and dog.  Again, dimensional tape was added for depth and interest.
I wrapped the little 'balls of yarn' with twine.  You can tell the kitty has had fun playing with these messy balls of twine! :0)
I adhered a piece of cloth ribbon, the phrases, and 'dog bones' to a strip of cardstock and glued it to the top of the layout.  I used SpellBinders Nestibilities "Labels Three" to frame the pictures that will be added later.
I cut 1 inch off one side and the bottom of the patterned fabric 'paper'.  Then layered the patterned fabric 'paper' over a piece of plain cardstock.


Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Comments are loved and appreciated!




17 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great page... love all the detail and the cheerful colors. TFS

snappy scrappy said...

This is so cute...love this layout! Lee-Ann :)

Karons Krafty Korner said...

The layout is fabulous- my girls keep asking me to get this cart whenever they see it in Walmart - think will have to get it soon:-)

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh wow...what a fun layout! These colors and patterns are just great! such fun little images...love this!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun layout Carolyn... i love the little balls of yarn.. cute as can be..

Lilygirl said...

I love this LO, The colors are perfect, Darn another cart on my must-have list!!

Georgiana said...

I think this layout is super fun. I sure do love my dog and she think she rules all the pillows and my son's beds. : )

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

cdm317 said...

This is super cute! Thanks for the details, I haven't used this cart yet, but love this idea! Your creativity is inspiring!

Got2BCrafting said...

Adorable!! I like how you used the marker to create the black outline. I have done this with letters, but I haven't tried it with image cuts yet. Thanks for the very detailed tutorial. :)
Lori

Michele Green said...

The organizer is a great idea. Cute layout!

Gerda said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Missy said...

What a terrific page--I love the images & frames you used and how you laid everything out!!!

Sukie said...

Adorable layout, I love the fun colors you used and the twine balls are just so much fun!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a cute LO! You've reminded me how cute the images are on this cart. Love your background papers too!

Diane said...

That's a great idea to use a desk organizer to separate your cuts! I'm going to do that for sure! Love your page, you always make such beautiful stuff!

Diane

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful layout - your colors, patterns, and embellishments are perfection! It's just too cute.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very cute layout. I love the colors and your patterned paper. I just ordered my first spellbinders nestabilities and I can hardly wait for them to arrive so I can play. I thought I would use them on cards, but I like how you used them for photo mats.