My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Graduation Card with Gift Card Holder

This card was created for a challenge on
Cardz TV Blog "Cricut Cardz Challenge #109"
The card was designed using a 12x12 inch mat, the Gypsy (a handheld electronic design studio), Circut Cartridge "George and Basic Shapes" and Cricut Cartridge "Paper Dolls for Everyday".  The large and small rectangles are from "George".  The graduation gown is from "Paper Dolls for Everyday."
Steps for welding the card
*The large rectangle was placed on the mat.
*The small rectangle was placed inside the large rectangle and then enlarged until it fit the width of the larger one.  Then moved back onto the mat.
*The gown was placed on the mat.
*The lower part of the gown was welded to the smaller rectangle.
*The gown section was lined up with the larger rectangle and the sleeves and lower edge of the gown were welded to the larger rectangle.
Cricut Markers were used to draw the images.  The images were then cut out.  This shows the mat before removing the cut images.  When cutting phrases, I have found that using the Cricut Markers make the words easier to read.
This shows the card base before adding images and embellishments.
I inked the edges of the graduation gown with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Blue Jeans".
The images are added to the card base.
This is the card holder inside the card.  I had a smaller graduation gown from a previous cut.  I cut it to fit the space.  The top part is glued to the card.
The bottom section has a fine line of Glossy Accents for the glue.  I glued the sides and bottom.  This left a space to insert the gift card.
This photo shows the placement of the gift card!  Love my Michaels Reward Card!
Completed inside of card.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of paper and positioned it behind the gown.
I really enjoy using tiny alpha stamps.  I collect sets whenever possible.  I had this sectioned plastic box and found that it was perfect for storing these little alpha stamps!
See how nicely they fit into the sections!  Most of the stamps are still in the cardboard boxes!  I found 3 different sets today at Walmart!  I can't wait to fill up this box!
OK...back to the  card!  I used the little alpha stamps to create a heading for the card.
This is my first time using TH Distress Ink.  The color is beautiful, but I am a little bit disappointed.  The color seeps into the paper.  After the ink dried, I couldn't see it on the gown.  Maybe it is just my eyes, but I don't think so!  Oh, well, I bought 3 other colors.  I will keep trying until I figure out to use it!
I ran the words through my little Xyron to form stickers!
Graduation Card with Gift Card Holder!

Thank you for visiting my blog today!





23 comments:

Kim said...

This is a great card! Love how you incorporated the gift card pocket also.

I like your alpha stamp storage too. I have couple of those sets and hate digging through the baggies I have them in. It's always the last one you pull out!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card... you know I love shape cards. Like you alphabet storage too. TFS

Tammy said...

Love your card Carolyn, I need to make about 4 grad cards (late) for some of my Sons classmates. Im always behind it seems. LOL

snappy scrappy said...

Cute...I can't believe it but...I just used that exact stamp set today on a layout. I had to open...no idea how long that I have owned it. Lee-Ann :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an awesome card Carolyn..

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun card! Great design!

Hrvatica said...

Wonderful card and great tutorial.

L.B. said...

Those little stamps are just right. Love this.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow this is a amazing Grad Card! I love and thanks for the how too. Wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. AJ~

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I love your gift card holder!!! This is so cute and I know it will be appreciated!

Missy said...

Great card! I like the gift holder idea and the detailing you added to the robe looks terrific!!

Sherrie K. said...

AWESOME shaped card-thanks for the great tutorial too! I love how you did the gift card holder...cute idea!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Creative M said...

Love this Gift Card Holder!!!You did an AWESOME job!!!

Sukie said...

Fabulous card, I love the use of the Cricut markers, I have never used mine. I love all of the great techniques you used on your card.

Melissa said...

Such a cute card, love how you made it into a card holder too, thanks for joining CTVS!

Brenda said...

Great card! I especially love the gift card holder on the inside. I have to make a graduation card for my son and two nephews. Hopefully I'll be as creative as you.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

Cindy said...

Love how you created the shape for the front of the card-genius! Love the color ink you picked, too!

Lena said...

This is way cute. I love it. I am glad you like mine.

Inkyfingers said...

This is fabulous Carolyn and as usual your step by step instructions are wonderful.I so admire your work for the prison and hope the judging goes well!

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Awesome tutorial! I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing!
Roxx.T

Margi said...

I love this card. I have those alpha stamps and I have never used them. Thanks for the tutorial. It's amazing.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Awesome Card!I love how you used your Gypsy. Did you see you won on Everyday Cricut Blog. Here is the link if you haven't seen it and to get your awesome prize. TFS AJ~

http://www.cricutholiday.com/2012/06/did-you-win-check-this-out.html

Plastic Cards said...

Stunning card and holder, do you have any idea about captivating plastic card holders ....