My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stamp Resist PLUS!

Stamp Resist is creating a background for an image that has already been stamped on paper.  As seen in the two stamped images shown above.
Stamp Resist is not a new technique.  Rubber stampers have used it for years.  The process uses a second stamped image to cover the original image.  Then the surface is stamped or decorated as desired.  The second stamped image is removed to leave a clean original finish and a decorated background.
The 'PLUS' part of this post is what I do with the second stamped image!
I love to reuse and recyle whenever possible.  When I stamp the second image that will become the resist image, I take it a step further.  To create the second image, it must be stamped and cut-out.  I take a few minutes to preserve the second stamped image by 'laminating' it between thin plastic that I save from packages, magazine covers, or other thin plastic pieces that I have on hand in my clear plastic stash.
I 'laminate' the front and back of the image.
I put adhesive on the back of the stamped image by using the Xyron.  Then press the image onto clear plastic.  Cut out the image.  Then run it through the Xyron again to coat the front of the image with adhesive (as shown above).  I will lay the image down on clear plastic and cut out the image again.
Now, I have a 'laminated' image to use as a Stamp Resist on the original stamped image.  I use a repositional adhesive on the back of the second stamp to temporarily adhere it to the original image. **Please note**I am using Scotch tape pieces that have been rolled to adhere the image in this picture.  I lightly pressed it to the stamped image and was able to remove the tape without damage.  For future use, I will purchase a removable tape!!!
The second image is laying on top of the original image.  I will be using a roller stamp and ink to create the background.
The ink is rolled over the entire surface.
The second image is removed and cleaned using a baby wipe.
Here's the 'PLUS'!!  I now have a reusable second image!  This will be stored with the stamped set for future use!
The process takes a few minutes extra to create a reusable second image, but it will be worth the time and effort when I use this stamp set again!
Stamp Resist PLUS
Birthday Card!
Card measures 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches (A2)

"Shopper" image---"Everyday Life" stamp set (Close to My Heart)
Xyron "Create a Sticker"
Versa Mark Chalk Ink
"Whimsical Blossoms" Roller Stamp (Stampin' Up)
Birthday sentiment---unknown
Martha Stewart Border Punch
"Mango Frost" Matstack (Die Cuts with a View)
"Rhinestone Stickers" (Recollections)










8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card and what an awesome idea. That is so much better than having to stamp the image and cut it out each time. Thanks for sharing that helpful tip.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! This is awesome and I have never seen this done... you can tell I am not a seasoned stamper. Love how your card turned out. TFS

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful result...neat technique!! Lee-Ann :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow... You are so clever.. Love how it turned out..hugs

Sis Patterson said...

Carolyn -

Wonderful card - thanks for sharing the resist technique!

Erna said...

Brilliant! I learn every day!

trentfamily said...

Great cards and I love that you made the mask image reusable! :)

OCCricut said...

Clever Carolyn, VERY Clever!!! But, I expect nothing less!!

HUGS!!!