My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Animal Prints Card Set using Michaels Craft Store Paper

I created this card set yesterday using.....
This pack of patterned paper from Michaels Craft Store!
The paper pack normally sales for $4.00, but right now it is $2.50.  It has 5 sheets of each design.  This is Michaels "Animal Prints Recollection" series.
All the paper is from Michaels.  The card is A2.
Sentiment...I used the Cricut Gel Pens to write the sentiment and then cut it out with scissors. The center is colored with Copic Marker.  Ribbon from Michaels
Ribbon Buckle is from my stash.  I covered it with tiny black and blue flowers (from Michaels) and added a black rhinestone to the center.
A2 card
Not sure where I got the rhinestone buckle.  The sentiment is drawn with Circut Gel Markers using the Cricut Create.  Then the sentiment is cut out using scissors.
The background of the sentiment is inked using the crayon method...shown here...
The ribbon buckle was made using a Spellbinders die "Ribbon Buckles".  There are 9 different buckles in this set.  I covered the buckle with clear pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  This made the buckle easier to slide the ribbon through without tearing.  The flower gem is from "Recollections" at Michaels Craft Store
A2 card
The butterfly brad is from my stash.  I am not sure where I got it.
A2 card
The ribbon buckle is from the Spellbinders die set "Ribbon Buckles".  It has been heat embossed with clear powder.  The tiny blue flower is from Michaels Craft Store.  The border is a paper punch from EK Success.  The sentiment is written using a Circut Gel Pen and the Cricut Create.
Square card...larger than an A2
I put 6 cards in my sets, but there were only 5 different patterned papers.  I decided to create a card using all five of the patterns.  This is a front opening card that I bought in a package from Joanns Craft Store.  You can see how I cut strips of the paper and glued them to a white background.  There are slits on either side of the front openings to allow the ribbon to come through on the front.
Inside card
I glued a layer of white paper to the inside of the card to...
*hide the ribbon and hold the ribbon in place
*provide a place to write a note
The holder of the card set is a small craft bag that I found at Walmart.
I decorated the front.  The next step is to package the cards to sell.
Please see this post for more information about the small bag and how I prepare my card sets to sell.

I am working on a card set using Michaels Craft Store "Recollection" patterned paper....
"Chevron"

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Comments are loved and appreciated!



7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow these cards are awesome. Love the bright colors and your card designs. TFS

Hrvatica said...

Fantastic cards! I have this paper, but haven't used it yet. Thanks for inspiring me.

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my goodness...what fun! I love all these bright animal prints...too cute! They all turned out so happy and cheerful and I love the card with all the prints...FUN!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I'm Wild about these creations. I have some of the Michael animal cardstock. Wish that Cheetah would be in there and it is Leopard which seems to be more popular. Did you know that a Cheetah print is darker on the inside and lighter on outside whereas a Leopard is dark on outside and lighter on inside?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Scrapper69 said...

These are soooo simple and yet sooo CUTE! Love all the fun colors! :O)

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

More great cards! I love the non-traditional colours of the animal prints - and you've done such a fabulous job creating a set of cards with the papers!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

These cards are great. They are so frisky and fun.