My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chevron Print Card Set

This card set was made using Michaels Craft Store "Chevron" prints in the "Recollections" paper collection.
The package contains 5 different 'Chevron' designs with 5 of each design.
The package sells for $4.00 but was on sale for $2.50 when I purchased it.
This A2 card uses the Tim Holtz 'Caged Bird' cutting die.  Gold twine and gemstones are used.
I cut two birdcages, put the bird in the middle and used dimensional foam tape to give depth.
A stamped sentiment, ribbon, and little gemstone bling is used for this A2 card.
It is all about color!  The Tim Holtz rosette die, Martha Stewart 'Button' paper punch, blue embroidery thread, and a Stampin' Up sentiment were used on this card.
Pre-made chipboard flower/butterfly stickers and a Close to My Heart sentiment were used on this A2 card.
Tim Holtz rosette die, a purple button, white embrodiery thread, a ribbon, and a sentiment were used on this card.  The 'Chevron' print was a border on the paper.
The cards will be sold as a set of 6 cards and envelopes.  There are only 5 designs.  I used a small piece of each design on this card.  The card is larger than the other 5 and is created on a black front opening card base (also from Michaels).  I cut slits on either side of the front to slide the ribbon through.
Open card
I covered the back of the inside with white paper.  This hides the ribbon and gives a place to write.  I leave the ribbon untied so the person that purchases the set can tie it as they like.
The set will be packaged in this small cloth bag that I decorated.
Click here for more information about the bag and how the cards are packaged for sale..

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Have a wonderful week!

13 comments:

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Great cards! Loving the mix and colors!!

Susie
www.susiecrafthappy.com

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful colourful cards!! Lee-Ann :)

Karons Krafty Korner said...

I love how you are using the entire collections. These cards are fabulous. TFS

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful creations using Chevron design which is nice & popular. Not seen the Chevron cardstock at Michaels and will have to look again next time I'm there.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, look at all these great cards! Love it. TFS

Scrapper69 said...

These are wonderful cards Carolyn! I like how you used the Chevron design.. I'd have a hard time with it! :o)

Missy said...

What a terrific card set---love those chevron stripes, and that carrier you made for them is totally adorable! I just love how different each card looks!!

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

Wow! You've been busy! What a wonderful set of cards - and such a fabulous bag for the set too! I especially like the little rosettes that you've made.

Georgiana said...

Oh my...I just love ALL this chevron paper. I actaully had Michaels on my list of things to do today and I am going to have to look for it. ALL these cards are FABULOUS! Love all the styles!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Cropalcoholic!! said...

Those are beautiful!! I love them all!!

http://clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com

Sukie said...

I love your chevron cards. I just bought this card stock at Michael's and now am inspired to use it! Such beautiful colors and details you added!

Krafthead said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for becoming a follower. I now follow you as well. Take care!

Charlotte C said...

What you did with this paper is terrific. TFS your work.