My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Artiste Purse Holder

Saturday Morning in the mountains of North Carolina!
What a beautiful way to start another day of....
cropping with friends!
 
This past weekend I was invited to a crop in North Carolina!  What a wonderful weekend we had as we cropped, made new friendships, enjoyed good food, and shared new tips and techniques!  I feel so honored to be included in the wonderful group of talented papercrafters!
 
I was asked to demonstrate how to use the Twistable Crayola Crayons for inking and how to create rolled flowers that are featured on the "Artiste" Close to My Heart Cricut Cartridge.  I used the "Artiste" cartridge to make purse holders for the items needed for the projects.
The purse image is on page 41 in the handbook.  I used the Gypsy to layout the purse on a 12x12 inch Cricut Mat and a 12x24 inch Cricut Mat.
Compare purse sizes!
This is the 12x12 inch mat layout.  A larger purse could be created by laying the image diagonally on the mat.  I added an extra pocket to this purse.
This is the 12x24 inch mat layout.  I placed a 12 x 18 inch sheet of cardstock on the mat and a 6 x 12 inch piece of coordinating cardstock on the mat.
I used sheets from a Heidi Grace 12x18 inch paper pad.  "Tuesday Morning" retail store carries these paper pads.  I have collected several styles.  The paper is wonderful and each pad contains several types of paper and lots of templates and projects.
Each person at the crop received one of the Purse Holders.  The holder contained a pack of Twistable Crayola Crayons, a piece of cotton jersey, white paper, three spiral flowers, and several little embellishments.  Here is a link for using the crayons for inking...
 
 
 
 
Today is my day to post on She's a Sassy Lady Blog.  There are links and directions  for techniques on today's She's a Sassy Lady Blog...
Thank you for visiting!
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute projects!

Cropalcoholic!! said...

So adorable!! That cartridge is on my short list of must haves ASAP!!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

These are so amazing - I love the pockets on the front too. TFS

Lori said...

The purses are so pretty!

Scrapper69 said...

Such adorable purses Carolyn! I LOVE the little pockets in the front of them.... :o)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Please email me as I can't find your new email address. Thank You!

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Great purses MamaC!

Susie

Erna said...

Lovely! I miss your posts!