My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

JOY!

Today is August 1, 2012. 
This is the  perfect day to listen to Christmas music and begin working on
Christmas cards for the 2012 season!
I am using a combination of Cricut Circle Exclusive "Out Of Character" and Cricut Lite Cartridge "Inspired Heart".  This is a rather unlikely combination, but I found a phrase on "Out of Character" that I couldn't resist!  Not only does it reflect the Christmas season, but it is my middle name, too!
JOY

Using the Cricut Create I am drawing all the layers of the word "Joy" on different colored solid cardstock using a black Cricut Marker, then cutting the images.  I have the cartridge plugged into the machine and the size set at 2 1/4 inches.
Drawing and cutting all the images took some time, but I have enough pieces to create 15-16 cards.  I am using a plastic drawer insert to keep the pieces separate.  I have glued white paper to the bottom of the sections for better visibility of the cut pieces.
I am using a couple of stamps to complete the card.  The image is from Inkadinkado and the phrase is from Stampabilities.
The nativity scene on the card is cut from Cricut Lite Cartridge "Inspired Heart"
Here is the completed card.  I decided to use the easel card because the entire card can be enjoyed throughout the Christmas season.
To create the 16 cards, I will use a variety of Christmas patterned paper and layer the 'JOY' with coordinating colors.
Here is a link for detailed instructions for creating the easel card...

Thank you for visiting my blog!
May you have a joyful day!



13 comments:

cdm317 said...

Carolyn,
This is another beautiful card! I love your creativity. It figures your middle name is Joy, you bring so much of it to others!
Colleen

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card and great organization to boot! See there is something to use that cart for that is BEAUTIFUL! TFS

snappy scrappy said...

Super bright and fun. Fa la la la...Lee-Ann :)

Susie Craft Happy! said...

I'm getting in the spirit now...beautiful card. Great colors.

Susie

Diane said...

Really nice, and I have both carts so a card lift may be in order!!

Diane said...

Now you're giving me the itch! I love love love what you did with your card!

Georgiana said...

Wonderful card and thanks for sharing your organization tip. Looks like you are ready to assemble some more cards.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tammy said...

oh my and I have pasted up inspired heart soooo many times and now I think I should have it. LOL I think my walmart still has it so I will have to ck it out. OH carolyn I love the card, such an enabler you are.

Hrvatica said...

Fantastic card. Love the way you incorporated cuts from two very different cartridges together.

Erna said...

Carolyn Joy - how appropriate! Your cards are lovely.

ChatterScene.com said...

What a fabulous card!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

Wow! You are well ahead of the game with all those cuts!! I hadn't even heard of "Out of Character" - but that word art is perfect on your card! And I love the image you've chosen from Inspired Heart. That's one of my favourite images.