My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DCWV "Leaf-Looking" Tour!

Northeast Georgia foothills and mountains are very popular during the Fall season.  The leaves turn a brilliant yellow, orange, and red!  If the weather cooperates, the trees and mountains are absolutely breath-taking!  Not so much this year!  Hurricane Sandy has blown away many of the Fall leaves!
I have found another way to enjoy the beautiful Fall leaves!
As I was looking through my papercrafting stash, I found a set of stickers by DCWV.
The stickers are photos of beautiful Fall leaves!  So, sit back and enjoy a
"Leaf-Looking" Tour by DCWV!!
These are a few of the photo stickers that I have left!  I used most of the stickers on the following greeting cards!
The first card begins with a cut-out tree from Art Warehouse/danelle johnson #26844
The tree on the left is from the package.  I am using Colorbox pigment inks to add the color to the tree.  I always begin with the lightest color ink.  I am using 'sunflower' yellow.
On top of the yellow, I add orange ink.
Then a small amount of chestnut brown ink.
Finished tree
I plan to layer the tree on a very light blue background.  I wanted the background to be embossed with leaves, but I did not have an embossing folder large enough for the complete background.  The leaf background is an all-over design, so I was able to position the paper and embossing folder at one end of the paper and then run it through the Cuttlebug.
I then positioned the embossing folder on the other side of the paper, placing the designs next to each other.  The designs do not match, but that is OK.  I then ran it through the Cuttlebug.
I have an all over design on the blue paper, ready to be used on the card.
I needed 'ground' for the card.  I used a torn strip of cardstock that was crumbled and inked.
A sentiment was needed for the front of the card.  I used a set of stamps by TPC Studio.  The sentiment was stamped on light blue paper and inked with the color that was left on the sponge from inking the tree.  The sentiment was layered on another piece of cardstock.
The tree was adhered to the card front.  DCWV stickers were layered on cardstock and placed on and above the tree.  The sentiment was adhered to the bottom left and maple leaves were punched and added to the right side of the card.  Card measures 5 inches x 7 inches.
Inside of card.  The edges were inked with more of the left-over ink.  The sentiment stamp is from the same set by TPC Studio.
Another card...different sentiment from same set.  Card measures 5 inches x 7 inches.
 Inside card.  The leaf stickers are by EK Success "Sticko"
More photo stickers, add 3 colors of twine, a tag, and paper by K&C Company
Tim Coffey Halloween & Fall Stack. Card measures 5 inches x 7 inches.
Inside card
Next card. Card measures 4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
Another Fall card. Card measures 4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
Card measures 4 inches x 5 1/2 inches
Final card in the "Leaf-Looking" Tour by DCWV!
 
There are still green leaves on many of the trees here in the hills and mountains.  Maybe we will see color again in November!
 
Thank you for visiting today!
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous! What a way to make lemonade out of lemons!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Love the transformation on the tree, Carolyn! And the LO of the finished card is gorgeous!

Erna said...

Our "Fall" is called "Autumn", but still the most beautiful time of the year. I love your colourful cards. Leaves Galore! This is really Die Cuts with a VIEW!

Scrapper69 said...

I totally LOVE IT! I LOVE Anything "FALL" related... and this is 100% FALL.... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! :o)

Gramjak said...

These are truly magnificent cards, Carolyn. Thank you for the inspiration to create!