My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Joke Book!

We do not celebrate Halloween at our house, but we do give out treats on October 31.  I will make one (1) Halloween papercraft item each year.  I try to create fun and whimsical projects.  This is my project for 2012...
The inspiration for this project comes from 101 PAPER-CRAFT GIFT IDEAS
Published by House of White Birches (2005), Vicki Blizzard, editor
pages 126-127 "Halloween Joke Book"
The little book begins with ghost images from Cricut Cartridge "Paper Doll Dress Up".  The ghost image is cut at 3.48/4.12 inches.  A blackout image is used for the front of the little book.  The back of the book is a blackout image of the ghost that has been flipped. I am using a 12x12 inch mat and the Gypsy to design the book.  The images were drawn using a black Cricut Marker, then cut.  There are 8 total pages, front and back cover, and 5 joke pages.
The two 'Trick or Treat' bags are from clip art on my computer.  The jokes and answers are computer generated, too.  There is a list of the jokes and answers at the end of this post.
All the ghost images are layered together and a hole cut through the top.  Ribbon will be threaded through the hole to hold the book together.
The front of the book is created by 'fussy cutting' the bag, using a punch to cut out the title of the book, a piece of twine is tied in a bow for decoration.  The bow is attached with a tiny "Zot" and the bag is glued to the front of the book.
Completed decoration for the book cover
Front cover
A second bag is 'fussy cut' and the 'top' of the bag is cut to form a slot.
The joke is cut and backed with a layer of black cardstock.  The completed joke will slide into the bag slot
 
A thin layer of glue is applied to the edges (only) to hold the bag in place on the page.  This will allow the joke to slide in/out of the little bag.
 To create the answer to the joke, I used the Xyron and inked the edges
Then I applied the answer (upside down) to the back of the joke page.
Putting the answer upside down makes it easier to see the answer when telling the joke!!
Black and Orange ribbon were tied through the hole to hold the book together.
 
Here is a copy of the jokes that are in the book, 101 PAPER-CRAFT GIFT IDEAS
What do ghosts eat for supper?  Spook-etti
What did the baby monster say to the baby-sitter?   "I want my mummy"
Why don't angry witches ride their brooms?   They are afraid of flying off the handle
How many ghosts does it take to change a light bulb?  None; ghosts fly in the dark
Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?  He didn't have the guts
What do you call a witch who lives on the beach?  A sand-witch
What does a ghost eat for lunch?   A BOO-lagna sand-witch
What kind of pants does a ghost wear?  BOO-jeans
What is a ghost's favorite fruit?   BOO-berries
What do witches put on their hair?  Scare-spray
What kind of mistakes do ghosts make?  Boo-boos
Where do most ghosts live?  North Scarolina
What kind of shoes do baby ghosts wear?  BOO-tties
Why did Dracula drink cold medicine?  to stop his coffin
What is a ghost's favorite bedtime story?  "Little BOO Peep"
Where do ghosts play golf?  a golf corpse
What do witches eat at Halloween?  Halloweenies, devil's food cake, and spooketti
Why didn't the skeleton go the party?   He had no body to go with
What happened when the skeletons rode pogo sticks?  They had a rattling good time
What's a skeleton's favorite misical instrument?  a trom-bone
 
 
I have committed to a spending ban through December 25, 2012.  Today's project is made entirely from "Using My Stash"!!
 
Thank you for visiting my blog today!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute! Lee-Ann :)

Vanessa said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing all the details!

sharp4sure said...

Carolyn, You had sent me some indexes for some cartridges that were SO helpful!!!! I am wondering if you have indexes for CTMH Artiste and Art Philosphy and the new Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2. Thanks so much!!!!

deanne@sharpstarps.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute this is and I love your jokes. Thanks for sharing.

cdm317 said...

This is a fabulous idea! I may borrow it for my neighbor's son.

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Carolyn! I'm finally back from my trip & I've been a little busy at work, but wanted to stop by and say HI!! I see you've been a busy crafter while I was away! I LOVED flipping through your blog to see all your fabulous creations!! So Glad to be back & check out what everyone's been up too! :o)

Theresa

Erna said...

We don't officially "celebrate" Halloween in South Africa, but I love joke book - such a fun idea.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

This is tooooo cute! I love that the jokes are in the bags! Fun, interactive, clever, and you used your stash!!!!!

So cool!! This idea is awesome and I love the finished book!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

This was Piper's favorite--- she couldn't help but laugh: What kind of mistakes do ghosts make? Boo-boos

Thanks for those! :)

Michele said...

Oh this is awesome! I want to make this for my son, who loves jokes! Thank you for sharing the jokes as well, so I don't have to find my own! You rock!

scrapqueen141 said...

Love this idea, how fun! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Gina piazza said...

Super cute project... I will have to try something like this!

Josie0602 said...

What a cute idea! My granddaughter would love that!!

Tracy
scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

recollectionalley said...

This is such a great idea! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

Janea
Recollection Alley

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

OMG this is so adorable! I love the use of cliparts and the way you stuffed the jokes inside the treat bags was genius!