My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Card using Tim Holtz Dressmaker Die!

This is one of my favorite cutting dies to use in the Cuttlebug!
There are so many possibilities with each of the images!
For today's post, I am creating Happy Birthday cards!
For more information about using Tim Holtz thick dies in the Cuttlebug, please click here...
For this card I used a folder from Stampin' Up for the chevron background.  The dark blue paper and ribbon/twine is from Stampin' Up, too.
I recently purchased a supply of twine in various colors.  I had fun with twine on this card!  The necklace is made using small 'pearls' from my stash of embellishments.
A message was added to the inside of the cards.  I used Crayola Twistable Crayons to ink the background of the top message.  For more information about using the inking process, please click here...
To create the skirt, you will need...
2 1/2 inch piece of ribbon
6 1/4 inch X 1 3/4 inch lightweight fabric
double sided tape or liquid adhesive
Apply adhesive to the back of the ribbon
Turn the fabric with the front side down.  Attach the fabric at the center and ends of the ribbon.  Then manipulate the fabric to form folds.
Press the folds into place with your fingers and add adhesive to the top of the fabric edge.
 
Of course....you could always use the sewing machine!  I am just too lazy to get it out!
This is much quicker for me.  It may not be as pretty, but it works!
 
Position the skirt on the dressform and fold the edges to the back.  I used tape to hold the edges in place.  I have applied liquid adhesive to the back of the dressform.
A necklace was added. The dressform was glued to the card front, and a bow was tied.  The card is ready for a sentiment, more embellishments, or whatever is desired.
Close up of card.  The card measures 4 inches X 5 1/2 inches and fits into an A2 envelope.
The necklace is an embellishment that I found in Joann's Craft store in the clearance section.  The little shopping bag is from my stash.
Close up of card.  Same measurements as above.
 
Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Rose said...

It came out great. Love the embossing and twine.

Creative M said...

Awesome Cards!!!TFS

Erna said...

Great cards! Love the Tim Holtz dies (as always). The embossing looks fantastic.

Gina piazza said...

LOVE the cards; and the directions! Thank You!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Cute cards, Carolyn! I love the added fabric for texture and the fact that you used the Crayola Twistables - time to dig through my kids' art supplies since they always take mine LOL!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I love the skirted dressforms! Lately I have been wondering if the Tim Holtz dies would work in the Cuttlebug. I guess now I know!

Lovely projects and great tutorial!

cdm317 said...

These are all beautiful! I love how you dressed the dessform! TFS
Colleen

Waseem said...

love the way how you dress up these cards..thanks for sharing as i might need it when design Gift Card envelopes.

Muhammad Amjad said...

Cute cards!I love the skirted dress forms.thanks for sharing as i might need it when design Gift Card envelopes.
Discount card printing

Alex John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.