My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 30, 2012

DECEMBER DAILY Album Cover and First Page

This is the cover and a section of the first page of my
DECEMBER DAILY ALBUM
I am using a 12 inch x 12 inch album from
YourStory by ProvoCraft
This is the cover without the first page.
Cricut Cartridge cuts have been used to create the holly and stars.
The frame is from a Christmas tree Cricut cut.  The rick rack is from my stash.
I cut the holly leaves from a Cricut cartridge and then covered it with clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.   This makes the ivy stronger and glossy.
The stars are cut from DCWV Glitsy Glitter cardstock.
Close up of the insert from the first page.
The tree and stars from cut from DCWV Glitsy Glitter cardstock.
The base Christmas tree is regular green cardstock.  The top Christmas tree is cut from glitter cardstock and glued down with dimensional foam tape to add depth.
The numbers are from Cricut Cartridge "Designer's Calendar".  The numbers were run through the Xyron and then sprinkled with Martha Stewart fine red glitter.  Then adhered to the background with dimensional foam tape.
First page
The background paper is glitter cardstock
The banner is made from ornament outline Cricut images, DCWV Glitsy Gitter gold cardstock, eboxy letters, gold cord, and a holly image.
The ornament outline was glued to a circle of glitter paper.  The epoxy letter was adhered to the center.  The ornaments were glued to the gold cord with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.
The ornaments are glued to the background paper with Zots glue dots.
Closer view of the ornament banner
The words are cut from Cricut Cartridge "Designer's Calendar".  A beautiful red and white glitter paper was used for the letters.  A strip of gold ribbon was added across the bottom
Cricut Cartridges "Joys of the Season" and "Designer's Calendar" were used.
The images were cut using the Cricut Gypsy and Cricut Expression 2
A variety of supplies were used to create the cover and first page
DECEMBER DAILY is an on-going project for at least 4-5 weeks.
Organization of the pages, images, paper, and other information is critical.
I have a large plastic box to hold most of the items, a smaller plastic box, a couple of plastic paper holders, and a drawer divider to hold small pieces.  I do not want to hunt for items when I get to working on a page.  This helps me stay organized and ready for the next day!
 
Tomorrow is December 1, 2012!
I have my cover and first page ready and an idea of what I will be doing for tomorrow's daily.
This has been a good crafting day!
 
 
 

6 comments:

Sara Andrews said...

I love this!! Your cover and first page look and work wonderful together.

And I will be checking out Designer Calendar for that font.

JennyKozar said...

YEAH!!!! Glad to see the beginning. I cannot wait to work on tomorrow. Thanks for the great ideas.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty. I can't wait to see more.

Kim M. said...

Pretty!

Cropalcoholic!! said...

That looks fantastic and such a great idea!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love it! and those letters are awesome. I have that cart and now I know I MUST use it more often. TFS