My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Holly Jolly Blog Hop!



Welcome!!
You are in for a crafty treat today!  Sit back and enjoy all the exciting projects brought to you by a bunch of talented artists!

BetsyBoo http://www.betsymcreates.blogspot.com/
October Beauty http://www.macybella.blogspot.com/
Marcjo http://stampcutcreate.blogspot.com/
Ken’s Kreations www.kreativeken.blogspot.com
DarcyBeeler http://dlmbscrapping-time2create.blogspot.com/
Scrapalette http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
Momtotwocuties http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
Greengirl www.michelegreen.com
Scrappin-Nanapuddin http://scrappin-nanapuddin.blogspot.com
CraftyScentiments http://craftyscentiments.blogspot.com/
CricutAddicted http://scrappingformorefun.blogspot.com/
Sis O’Snap http://papercraftscissors.com/
TerriSki http://scrappinwiththebug.blogspot.com/
Phantom Rink Rat http://addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com
TheCraftyTouch www.thecraftytouch.blogspot.com
HappyScrapper64 http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
CraftySanSan http://1craftysansan.blogspot.com
MamaC http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/    (You are here)
NadiaH-McConnell http://www.withglitteringeyes.com/
 
Christmas Shadow Box Card
 My project is a variation of a card that I featured several months ago.
The card is created by using the Shadow Box from the Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card".  The images are from the Cricut Cartridges "Paper Doll Dress Up" and  Cricut Lite Cartridge "Inspired Hearts".
Cut two Shadow Boxes from Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card".  Using the Gypsy, remove the center cut from one of the boxes.
A collection of images from Cricut Cartidges "Paper Doll Dress Up" and "Inspired Hearts" are used on the card.
The Gypsy was used to arrange the mat.  This is the paper placement for all the images.
Images ready to be used on a collection of cards.'
The nativity scene and outline of the stable are attached with foam tape for dimension.  This will be placed inside the shadow box.
Create the shadow box with the window.
Slide the nativity scene into the shadow box.  I removed the little flap on either side.  This made placement of the nativity scene easier.
Cut away parts of the second shadow box that will not be needed.
Glue the Shadow section to the altered section.
The nativity scene needs to sparkle!  Glitter has been added to the nativity scene and to the Mary and Baby portion.
Here are the glittered and altered images ready to be placed on the card front.
Each card will have a different quote or scripture.
 

Inside one of the Christmas Shadow Box Cards.
There is a quote/scripture in each card with space for signature and/or short note.
Completed Christmas Shadow Box Card front.
 
 
Thank you for visting my blog today.  Please continue the
Holly Jolly Blog Hop by visiting
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

42 comments:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

Oh my!!!! This is exceptional. First of all, I love the dimension and your design is just perfect. I love nativy imagery and so that automatically draws me to this perfect project!

I love that you placed the animals on the box! The cuts you picked are so perfect as the detail is up close and you visually push the scene into the far background by using a silhouette of the nativity to make it look even farther away. Brilliant!

The first time you used this box cut, you inspired me so much... my gift cart boxes were developed after seeing you use this box!

Thank you always, for inspiring me!

Sis Patterson said...

Carolyn -

I look forward to your Christmas card each year! This is exceptionally gorgeous. Your layers of color and detail add up to wonderful!

Thank you for the instructions and mat layout. You are created another keeper card!

Angie's Paper Passion said...

Oh MamaC, this is a truely amazing card! First of all, I did not know there was a shadow box card on that cart! So that's the first thing you taught me, lol. Now I need to go find it and follow your tutorial so I can try to scraplift your card! The detail is wonderful! I need to get on your Christmas card list since your work is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing

Irene said...

This is just amazing. I must try to make one of these. I am so excited that I have all the cartridges! Do you have suggestions for the best size to make?

nanapuddin said...

This is awesome! I'll have to try this! thanks for the details!

MulticrafterAmy said...

Love the card. Very creative and detailed!

Cocoa's Mom said...

Beautiful! And thank you for including the directions. So many lovely projects to try! TFS Christine

Cropalcoholic!! said...

This is just lovely!! So very creative!!

dlmbscrapping said...

Wow- beautiful- thanks for the great instructions also.

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Marty said...

This card is amazing I'm not sure I could even attempt to make one but with your instructions I'm inspired to try. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Lisa B said...

WOW! Really...WOW! This card is amazing! You have out done yourself yet again.

Francine said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is just GORGEOUS and I simply MUST scraplift it! I love all the dimension and sparkle and the images you chose for this. Just fantastic!

Maria said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing. Love the dimension to it and the images you used are perfect! Thank you for the detailed instructions too.

Donna said...

WOW, what a labor of love. Thank you so much for the wonderful, clear instructions. TFS

Donna
goCricutgo

Kim M. said...

Wow! This is fantastic. You must have a LOT of patience! Thanks for sharing.

Kim M.
kkmaehrer@gmail.com

Janis said...

Over-the-top! Wow, I love your nativity shadow box. It's great & with all the instructions, thank you!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful. :) LOL

Janis

Brenda said...

Beautiful shadow box card! You are very creative and talented!

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

Donna Boyce said...

Oh my goodness!! What a really gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for sharing this idea and all the details to make one.

Brenda said...

I love your shadow box card. Thanks so much for sharing. You are so very talented!

Brenda

Linda (Threadbear) said...

Wow -- your shadow box card is beautiful!! Love the dimension and details -- thank you for the tutorial!!

susan crafts said...

This is truly beautiful. I am always drawn to nativity scenes and yours is particularly wonderful. Thank you for inspiring.

Maria said...

Beautiful,amazing,creative love it.
M. Reyes

Josie0602 said...

Love this card! It is just stunning and so detailed!!

Tracy

Michele Green said...

Oh. Wow. This is spectacular! It really came together well. Thanks for sharing so many directions too!

ScrappyMama said...

Oh, MamaC, what have you done????!!! This is beyond FANTABULOUS!!! It is...daggummit, I think I'm speechless :-O !!!!! Thank You for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Wow this is just breathe taking. I love all the details and the great final project. What a fun shaddow box. GREAT job.

Dianna said...

This is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing and for the clear instructions! This is on my to do list.

scootingranny said...

This is fabulous! Love the layering and depth and the shadow box. I have that cartridge and never knew this was a feature on that cartridge! Great job!

Crafty Teacher said...

Absolutely stunning! Wow. That is a lot of detailed and patient work. What a gift to give to someone.
:)

Sherry said...

Your card is beautiful. I love all the little detail and the layering. It's perfect!

albrennick said...

Love your card, so many details! Thank you!

Hrvatica said...

This card is a work of art. I love the depth and all the details.

Yolonda said...

Truly an amazing card. You really put a lot of work into it and it shows.

chignon said...

That is one beautiful project. The shadow box card is fantastic with all the glittery detail :)

Lady Fair said...

Beautiful card, love all of the details and the dimension of the shadow box card. You do absolutely beautiful work, and I love the scriptures you selected for the cards as well.

Michele said...

what a super neat idea for a card! it's beautiful!

Kristen R said...

I love your shadow card box. The details on it is wonderful. thanks for joining the hop.

Ladybug said...

Oh, Carolyn, that is just stunning!! Love it! TFS! :-)

Erna said...

Oh my goodness - what a lovely idea. And so much detail! Well done.
I feel a project is on the cards teacher.

ChatterScene.com said...

I love it!

Lori said...

I love, love, love this idea! The idea and the actual shadow box is so wonderful!! I love it when the idea and the actual project come together perfectly.