My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick and Easy Easter Cards!

I have been asked to hold a Easter card making class for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders tonight at my church, Bethlehem Baptist Church  This is totally out of my comfort zone because I work with adults!  However, I was asked to do this project by a very special friend, Miss Anita.  Miss Anita is in her 80's and was a missionary to Nigeria for 48 years!  My daughter, Amanda, is going to help me during the class.  I am excited about the event and look forward to working with the children tonight!  The cards will be mailed to the elderly and shut-in of our church.
We will have a very limited time to complete 30-35 cards.  I have developed a kit that includes all the pieces to create the cards quickly and easily.  No scissors or glue are required!  Everything has been made into 'stickers'!
The cards are A2 size.  I used a package of cards/envelopes that I bought at JoAnn's Craft Store.  I created a card front by cutting a solid colored piece of cardstock to fit the front, then layered a colorful, patterned piece of cardstock on top.  This has been done to all the cards.
Everything that will be used on the outside of the card has been stamped on a variety of colored cardstock and run through the Xyron Sticker Maker.  Every card front will have a cross.  The children may then select two more items plus the cross to place on the outside of the card.
Two sentiments have been stamped and run through the Xyron to be used inside the card.  The child will sign their name and add a comment, if desired.  The back of the card has "Created By" stamped on the back.  The child will sign their name there, too.
Every envelope has "Blessed Easter" stamped on the front.
This is the VERY special PROFESSIONAL carrying case for the Easter card kits!  Everything that will be needed to create 30-35 cards is inside this gallon bag!

DISCLAIMER...While the cards are going to be easy to make, the preparations took over 2 days!  But I know it will be worth every hour that was spent getting ready for this fun project!!

Click here for Part 2!  The cardmaking workshop was so much fun!!
Quick and Easy Easter Cards...Part 2!

Thank you for visiting!

1 comment:

cdm317 said...

You did a wonderful job packaging the pieces into kits for the children! Looks like great fun!
Colleen