My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wear the Pin, Wear the Green! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
I created this card with something special!
A removable pin to prevent pinching!
Side view of card front to show the layers.
Keep reading to see how the card is made!
The pin is made by using a clover image from the Cricut Cartridge "Paper Doll Dress Up".
I cut the image and laminated it using the Provocraft "Your Story" machine.
In the center of the clover image I put a 3-D St. Patrick's Day embellishment from Michael's Craft store that was adhered to a scalloped circle.
The center embellishment and pin backing were put together using hot glue.
BIG WORD OF CAUTION HERE!!
USE CRAFT TWEEZERS TO POSITION THE PIECES TOGETHER!!!
This is what happens when you use your fingers!  My finger hasn't healed yet!!
Tip....when you drop hot glue on your skin...DO NOT TRY TO WIPE IT OFF WHILE THE GLUE IS WET!  That will only smear the pain and damage!!  Bear the burn! Quickly place the burning area into cold water!  This will speed up the cooling process!!  When the glue has hardened, peel it off.  Best word of advice...don't get burned!!  Use craft tweezers!!!
Back to the card...
To create the card front base, I started with a white front.  Using Spellbinders Nestabilities frame dies, I cut a dark green scalloped layer, a printed layer using the rectangle die, and a small white rectangle layer.
All the sentiments on the outside are computer generated.
I used the clip art file on my computer for the tiny clover.  
Everything is layered on green cardstock and adhered to the card front.
The tag to hold the St. Patrick's Day pin was created and adhered at the bottom of the tag using 3-D foam tape.  This allows the pin to be attached to the card front at the top of the tag.
This is a close up of how the tag was created.  I added the little leprechaun stickers to decorate the tag when the St. Patrick's Day pin is removed.
 This is the inside of the card opened flat.  I wanted to give the history of St. Patrick's Day as well as a saying.  I also added a small note about removing the pin to wear.
Do you know who St. Patrick was?  Here is a short history of St. Patrick's Day!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Comments are always loved and appreciated!

9 comments:

LindaW said...

How did you do the Woodstock Swarm Cricut Pin I would love to make one with him in the Halloween outfit...Maile Lei

Erna Kemp said...

So cute. A lot of work has gone into this!

Kim's Kreations said...

Your St. Pat's Day card is great. So much detail. Love your tutorial on how you made it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

Bella said...

Love your card. Small world this...I know Erna too!

Cindy Vernon said...

Awesome project and idea. Thanks so much for playing along at F CCB.

arin said...

it is not a well done craft project without a few hotglue burns! :-) Great project! Thanks for joining us over at FCCB!

Heather said...

Great card!! I love the removable pin - thanks for the tutorial!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB and I hope your finger heals soon!!

Crafting Misfit said...

Love your pins! Great projects!!!

Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Check out my new challenge blog DT call!

Mollie said...

Great project! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
Emily