My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Before and After...Decorating on a Dollar! Part 2

Click this link for Part 1...

Breakfast area...Before...
After
The valance is created from the bottom of the drapery panel that I used to make the living room window treatments.  The lower curtains were two drapery panels that I cut in half and hemmed on both ends.  The table and six chairs are a family hand-me-down!  The picture is from Cash Liquidators ($10)
Another view
Before
This is one of my favorite pictures!  My husband is signing his part of the offer on the house.  Our real estate agent is assisting!  Cyndi was fabulous throughout this purchase!  We were so blessed to have her as our agent.  She was with us every step of the way and beyond...
Before
The kitchen is very small, but absolutely a delight to use!  It is a walk-through kitchen!  We had to purchase a new refrigerator.  We found what we needed at Lowe's...on sale of course!!
After
After
After
After
We added the microwave cabinet to create additional space on the counter. The toaster oven fit perfectly under the microwave.   The tall cabinet and microwave cabinet are from IKEA Atlanta.
Laundry Area...Before
This space is at the door into the garage.  Not the best place for washing clothes, but it will do!
After
We purchased a new washer and dryer from Lowe's...again...on sale!
The cabinets are from IKEA Atlanta.  The ironing board and iron are from Cash Liquidators ($10 each)!  A word of caution, when choosing an iron and ironing board from CL, be sure to test it first!  Remember, these items have been used.  I am happy with my purchase.  We haven't finished the laundry area yet.  It is a work in progress!


This picture is especially for my sister, Ruth.  She gave us 6 chairs to use as needed.  I found fabric at Joann's Craft Store to cover the seats of the these chairs.  The colors are a perfect match for the curtains!

Now for my space....
I love to make cards!  I would not be happy in this house if there wasn't a place for my paper crafting hobby.  The work table ($79) and chair ($59) are from Cash Liquidators.  In their previous life, they were in a hotel room!  The wooden magazine rack was $5 at a thrift store.  The flowered holder is a box that I covered with paper.  It holds 12 x 12 card stock.
The plastic drawer unit is from Walmart.  There is a cabinet that I want from IKEA, but that will have to come later!
Storage is at a premium!  Embellishments and stickers are labeled and stored in this photo box from Michael's Craft Store.
This box holds embossed and die cut images.
I brought an assortment of cutting dies from home and spent a couple of afternoons cutting various shapes in lots of colors.
I did the same thing with embossing folders.
I have a stash to use with my projects!
My chair is calling me....come play with paper!!

Furnishing and decorating this house is a labor of love.  We haven't finished every room.  I will post more of our decorating adventures as they are completed!  I can't wait to show you the upstairs bedroom that my daughter is decorating!  It is going to be beautiful!!

3 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I had to comment because I'm impressed. Wish CL was near me - I'm in NY. Then again, I don't have a second home to fill and this one's already filled to the brim. Good luck with your new home.

MLiss3 said...

Congrats on your "other" house! So excited you found a niche to crop in. Love how you furnished everything.-it looks comfy and inviting!

Erna Kemp said...

Once again, a house can be turned into a home by a woman's touch! Well done Carolyn, you did a marvellous job.