My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

"Charmed" the Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge is Here!

The Year 4, Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge "Charmed" is in the house!  I renewed my membership to the Cricut Circle on Thursday, August 1, and the cartridge came by USPS today, Saturday, August 3!  Wow!  I have never had such quick service!  The cartridge was mailed the day I renewed my membership!

OK...now to acknowledge what is new about the cartridge!  The packaging is certainly smaller!  The cartridge was just a little 'bump' inside the huge mailing envelope!  I was expecting to have the new Universal Overlay included with the cartridge, but I guess the overlay will be shipped separately.
The clear plastic xbox measures 4 inches x 3 3/4 inches.  It is exactly 1/2 the size of the original cartridge box.  This will allow 2 cartridge boxes to stack!  I wasn't expecting the package to look like this, but it feels good in the hand and does the job!  The cover says that the handbook is included.  Wonder what it will look like!!
I removed the shrink wrap and found the EULA (End User's License Agreement) on a sticker across the opening.  I am suppose to go on line and read the agreement before I open the box.  Well, I already know what it says, and I agree!
This is what I saw when I opened the plastic box.  The handbook is much smaller!  The box seems to be more substantial than the previous plastic boxes.  Notice the cartridge does not have the peel off agreement label.  That was done before I opened the box.
These are pages 59 and 60 in the handbook.  The handbook has fewer pages.  There is no sample project from the cartridge.  The first pages of the handbook show the layers and then each image is shown.  There are a total of 102 pages...all in English!!

This post is all about the packaging of the new Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge "Charmed".  The Universal Overlay was not included with the cartridge, so I will link the cartridge to my Gypsy.  As a perk of renewing my Cricut Circle membership, I will be receiving a Universal Overlay as part of the membership fee.  Until then, I will be using my Gypsy to create projects.

Look for another post to show case a project using "Charmed"!!  Thank you for visiting my blog!

UPDATE.....
I am trying to link the cartridge to my Gypsy (updated today), but having absolutely no luck..at all!  The cartridge shows in Cricut Craft Room, but I can't get my cartridge to link to CCR.  I have registered the cartridge at cricut.com.  Looks like a phone call to Provocraft Customer Service on Monday!

Because there isn't a corresponding overlay, I am using the hand book to cut an image using the cartridge and my Expression.  The image is from page 32 in the handbook.  The red heart is a separate cut that is layered over the black heart underneath.
Thank goodness that I can use the cartridge as a 'stand alone' with the Expression.  The handbook has a picture of the overlay, so I can find the image button with the handbook.

In response to a comment, here is a link to all the images on the cartridge...
2014 Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge "Charmed"

7 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Wow that is really different! I love the smaller size. Wish they had done that in the beginning!

Tracy

scootingranny said...

Thanks so much for this post. Am waiting for the option to open in rewards so that I can renew.

Very good info to have now!

Anonymous said...

Is there a way we can see all the images on the cartridge? Thanks!

Carolyn Lineberger said...

Thank you for your comment, Anonymous! Here is a link to all the images on the cartridge.
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/2013/08/charmed-cricut-circle-exclusive-2014.html

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I wonder why the universal overlay wasn't in there? I thought we got that as a bonus when we ordered this cart. Did they say it would be coming in a second package?

Carolyn Lineberger said...

I am wondering the same thing. Some of the Circle members received the overlay with their cart. I didn't, but I should have. I sent an email to customer service, but got the 'run-around', so I have sent another email. I will probably call this week to find out what is happening!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Ok! I just left a question about it on the Message Board too for CricutGena on her thread where she said we would get it with this one. I ordered Charmed for the overlay so I know I want to get it! :) (Well, that and the fact that I like having the Circle carts!)

Thanks for the info!