Christmas and the Holiday Season will be here before I know it! This will be a busy time of year for our family! We are expecting a grandson in October, so getting a head start on Christmas cards is necessary! I created this card using scraps, leftovers, and some long-forgotten stickers!
Spellbinders cutting die "Deckle Rectangle", Heartfelt Creations Spellbinders cutting die "Decorative Window" and a sheet of stamps are the main components of the card.
The card is from Michaels Craft Store. I cut a square of white cardstock to cover the front of the card. I will cut through both layers on the front of the card to create an opening that is slightly smaller than the 'window' cutting die.
The white cardstock has been glued to the front of the premade card.
Tip...I attached the cutting die to the front of the card with clear tape. The tape is on the center piece that will be cut out and the edge of the cutting die. This holds the die in place as the paper and cutting die are turn through the Cuttlebug.
The front of the card now has a 'window'!
A second piece of white cardstock is cut to fit the inside of the card. The round sticker will be adhered to the inside of the card so that it shows through the 'window'.
The Heartfelt Creations Spellbinders die "Decorative Window" is cut twice.
Adhesive foam dots are used to attach the 'frame' to the front of the card. Tip...cut the circles of foam tape into smaller pieces to fit the curves/edges of the 'frame'. Layer the frame over the 'window' on the front of the card.
Side view of card front to show how the two images were attached with foam tape. This gives depth and interest to the front of the card.
Front of card
Before the scene sticker is adhered to the inside of the card, I moved the scene around until I liked what I saw through the window.
When I was satisfied with the placement, I adhered to sticker to the white cardstock that had been glued to the inside of the card.
I wanted 'Merry Christmas' on the inside of the card, however, it needed to be curved around the circle scene.
I curved the acrylic stamp along the edge of a round stamp block. This is not as easy as seems! The stamp kept falling off the block! So, I got out some stamp 'cling' that I had in my stash and stuck the stamps to the block. It isn't perfect, but close enough!!
Finished inside of card
I added some snowflakes to balance the sentiment.
The front of the card was finished using the Holly Leaves and Berries paper punch by Martha Stewart.
Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!