My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Tim Holtz "Distress Inks"...A Newbie!

As usual, I am late to the party!!  I bought these TH Distress Inks several months ago.  They have been in a drawer, unopened and unused!  I recently purchased the tools to use the inks and decided it was time to try the Distress Inks.
*Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL Applicator Foam IBT23616

These sample pieces were made from an instructional video by Tim Holtz from his blog.

I wasn't sure how to use the inks, so I visited the Tim Holtz blog to find a video.  I had to search for the instructional video.  I was given ample opportunity to purchase the inks and tools, but it took a while to find a simple video showing how to use the inks and the tools.  I wish I had bookmarked the video!  I just tried to find it again and couldn't! 

I enjoyed using the inks and tools!  I love the blending effect.  I have decided to limit how many of the blending tools that I will purchase.  So, I have developed a way to store the used pads.
I store the used pad in a small clear plastic jewelry bag.  I printed the name of the ink in tiny letters using my Dymo 'Letra Tag' printer that I purchased from Walmart last fall.  The name of the ink is on the outside of the plastic bag.
The pad are stored with the inks for easy use.  It is a little messy to remove the pads from the plastic bag, but I keep a package of baby wipes near my work space at all times.   A quick wipe and the ink is gone from my fingers!  Please notice the rubber band around each of the ink pads.  The lids come off so easily, I decided to use the bands to prevent the inks from drying out.

By the way...I bought 4 more colors of the ink during my recent visit to Joann's Craft Store!  I would have probably bought another handle, but they were out of stock!  Bummer!
Here is a card that I created using the TH Distress Inks to add interest to the edges of the card and embellishments.  The image was colored by my daughter in Nov 2011!  I stamped and she colored hundreds of images for me.  I devoted a post that month to our day together in my craftroom...
Second card using the TH Distress Inks to add interest!
Final card in the 'Travel' series!  Using TH Distress Inks to add interest!
Just for fun!
Even the protector sheet will be fun to use in a project!

MAKING LEMONADE OUT OF LEMONS!

I enjoyed using the TH Blending Tool and Pads so much that I decided to see how they worked with some other inks!
The TH Distress Ink samples can be seen among various other inks that were used.
I found these ColorBox Mixed Media inks on the clearance at a craft store.  I had a 25% off coupon (on everything), so the ink pads were just over a dollar!  I haven't seen the pads since that day.  The lids fall off so easily that I had to use a rubber band on these pads, too.  
The inks work with the Ranger tools, but the colors do not seem to blend as well as the TH Distress Inks.  The lemonade...I got ink pads at a great price!
Do you have any of these multiple color pads?  Well, they work great for a smooth blended finish!
The lemonade...I am using the pads that I purchased years ago!!
I bought these inks at a yard sale for just pennies!  The pads have been in my ink drawer for at least 2 years!  The Lemonade...I have finally found a great use for these pads!



5 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards! I love distressed inks! Walnut stain is my favorite! Carri~Abusybee

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Looks like you were having fun! Love your beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte C said...

Well, you had a fun time. Here's how I store the pads: Buy some peel and stick Velcro, cut a small rectangle and attach it to the underside of each ink pad. Then you can just attach the inked applicator to it when you're done. I store my ink pads upside down.

Carolyn Lineberger said...

Thank you, Charlotte! Love your idea about storing the pads.

Erna Kemp said...

You know I have been a TH fan for the longest time. His products just last forever. Good news, he is coming to South Africa in March! Also love Charlotte's idea of storing the pads! Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.