My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quick and Quirky Cards!

The holidays will be here before you know it!  Now is the time that I create Christmas cards for the season.  Life at the Lineberger house is very busy and exciting!  We are celebrating the birth of our first grandchild, Luke.  Luke was born premature and is currently in the hospital gaining weight and growing!  I can't begin to think how busy we will be when he gets to come home!  So, creating quick and easy cards are important!
Deciding on the design of a card takes a long time for me!  I look at magazines and the internet to get ideas.  I am not sure how I finally decide on the design.  It seems the card takes a life of its own.  I have gathered a collection of items that I would like to use for this year's card.
These gift tags were purchased at Joann's Craft Store at the end of the holiday season last year.  They were 90% off!  I bought several packages.  I love the quirky images!  I knew I wanted to incorporate these in the design.
I recently found this textured cardstock at Michael's Craft Store on the clearance rack.  The paper has a wonderful texture! This paper will be used as the bottom layer of the card.
The next layer will be embossed paper.  Last month, I embossed several sheets of paper to be used on projects.  I will be using an assortment of the embossed sheets on the cards.  An over-all design will be best.  The design doesn't have to have a 'holiday' theme.  I will use whatever is available.
This photo shows the layers of the card.  The stack is of coordinating paper, tags, and fibers ready to be assembled together.  The cards are created using kraft paper cards and envelopes from Michael's Craft Store.

I create an assembly line with all the layers.  Everything is adhered to the bottom layer, then glued to the basic card front.

Card and envelope----5 inches x 7 inches---brown kraft paper
Bottom Layer-----4 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches---textured cardstock
Middle layer-----3 6/8 inches x 5 3/4 inches---embossed cardstock
Small layer-----2 1/4 inches x 3 1/4 inches---textured cardstock (used to frame the tag)
Label Strip-----1 inch x 3 1/2 inches---textured cardstock (used to frame the sentiment)
Fiber, ribbon, lace, etc------25 inches
Letting the glue dry!
I used liquid glue on all the cards.  The textured and embossed paper doesn't work well with double sided tape.  Glue holds the best!
Card Front---everything is adhered to the bottom layer, then glued to the basic card
Bottom layer-----textured cardstock
Middle layer-----embossed cardstock
Small layer---textured cardstock to layer to tag embellishment
Strip---textured cardstock to layer the sentiment
Fiber is secured on the back with tape.

The completed card front is glued to the front of the 5 inch x 7 inch card.
Inside card
Bottom layer-----4 1/2 inches x 7 inches
Textured cardstock
Top layer-----3 3/4 inches x 6 1/2 inches
Cardstock, suitable for stamping/writing
Envelope
Cards and envelopes ready for addressing!
More cards!

Thank you for visiting my blog!
I am the featured designer today on
She's a Sassy Lady!


2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a unique set of cards you are making. They are WONDERFUL! Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady!

Erna Kemp said...

Where did you find time to do this? You are amazing! Lovely cards!