My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Tag 2013

In November I participated in a Christmas Tag swap with the designers on "She's a Sassy Lady" Blog.  I am a designer for the blog and post at least once a month.  This is the tag that I created for the swap.  There were 16 participants in the swap.  All the following pictures will have multiples of the pieces.
Here are the instructions for creating the tag:
1 piece     3 1/8 inches x 6 1/4 inches (dark blue textured) card stock
1 piece     2 6/8 inches x 5 1/2 inches (tan textured) card stock
1 piece     2 6/8 inches x 5 1/8 inches (tan textured) card stock
1 piece     2 inches x 5 1/8 inches smooth (tan) card stock
I found this textured card stock on the clearance shelves at Michael's Craft Store.  It was so inexpensive that I bought three packages.  I wasn't sure if I would like the paper, but the colors were so dark and rich that I decided to take a chance.  Well, this paper is wonderful!  It has a beautiful texture that perfect for so many projects.  I went back to Michael's a couple of weeks later.  There were several packages still on the shelves.  I bought them all!
OK...back to my tag!!
Find center of the end of the 3 1/8 inches x 6 1/4 inches piece
Measure 3/4 inch from top edge (marked with white Gel Pen)
Punch hole
Round corners
Round corners of ONE end of the 2 6/8 inches x 5 1/2 inches piece
Stamp one image (from the set of two stamps) on the piece that has just be rounded.
(I used a quick drying black ink on the textured paper.  Be sure the stamp is completely covered in ink.  I used a mouse pad under the paper when stamping.  I stood up and applied extra pressure for several seconds.  This helped the ink adhere to the paper and form a lovely finished image.)
"Nativity Card" stamp set by Stampendous.
Ink edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Faded Jeans"
Star is colored with Tim Holtz Distress Marker "Mustard Seed"
Halo is colored with "Clear Star" Gel Pen
Stamp the second musical score image on the 2 6/8 inches x 5 1/8 inches
(Use the same procedure as given above)
Ink edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Faded Jeans"
A little surprise on the tag!
The smooth tan card stock (2 inches x 5 1/8 inches) is used as an insert in the back of the tag.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Antique Linen" and "Faded Jeans" to create the background for the insert.
The insert is stamped with "To" and "From" using the "Everyday Expressions" set by Paper Studio.  The message stamp is "Precious Bundle" by Stampendous.  The insert is now  ready to be hidden in the back of the tag....
I am making multiples of the tag.  Everything is assembled and ready to be put together.  I am using a variety of ribbon that I have on hand.  After the tags are complete, I will trim the ribbon to the size that I want.
Glue the front of the tag to the blue piece.  Line up the right edge.  I use Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive on the tag.  The textured card stock holds best with glue.  I find that double sided tape pulls the layers apart on the paper and the pieces separate.
Turn the tag over and glue the back section.  Line up the left edge on the back.  Please note where I put the glue on the back piece.  This allows room for the insert to be put into the tag.  Be sure to put the glue on the very edge of the paper.  Be careful!  Too much glue and you will have it coming out the edges when you put the pieces together.  Also, be sure to put glue all the way to the ends or they will separate when the insert is put in place.
The insert is tucked safely into the back of the tag.  These tags are ready for the ribbon!
A gold poinsettia was added.
Use the 3 smaller dies from Sizzix "Layered Poinsettia" die set.
Layers are held together with a gold brad.
Green leaf is a die cut from my stash.
Gold glitter paper is from DCWV
Christmas Tag 2013
(front and back)

Sneak Peek!!
I have created an album of all the tags that I received.
On Wednesday, December 18, I will post on "She's a Sassy Lady" Blog.
I will open the album and show you all the beautiful tags!!

To help you wait, here is a link from 2012

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Comments are always loved and deeply appreciated!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!


2 comments:

Erna Kemp said...

Lovely tags and clear instructions! Love it. And keeping an album of the tags you have received is such a nice idea. Looking forward to blog-hop to She's a Sassy Lady!

Diane said...

Beautiful tags and thanks for the wonderful tutorial. Also, I am so happy to hear that Luke is doing so well.