My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Card-in-a-Box Box Tutorial!

I created this Card-in-a-Box and wanted a special box to hold the card.

This is the shortest, but toughest tutorial I have ever done and posted!

I have a package of clear boxes that holds several 5" x  7" cards.  I thought this would be large enough to hold the Card-in-a-Box, but the box was too small.

My Cricut friends!  I was going to use Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cricut Cartridge to create the box, but the cartridge disappeared from my Gypsy when I update it.  The cartridge did not appear in my CCR account, either!  I did not know this until I needed to use the cartridge!  I have the physical cartridge, but it is being borrowed at this time!  So, I had to create the box from "scratch"!

I opened out the clear box and created a pattern for a larger box.  I am not a mathematician!
I used a 12" x 18" piece of white paper and a ruler to create the template.  The green box was my first try at a new and larger box.  The Card-in-a-Box fit the new box!
This is the template for the box!
I hope you can see the measurements and can create your own template!
I laminated it with "Your Story".  I didn't have a laminating sheet large enough for the template, so I cut and pieced laminating sheets to fit.  Unfortunately the plastic wrinkled!
The Box holding the Card-in-a-Box!
The box closed and tied close.  I used a piece of Tacky Tape on the bottom of the box 
to hold the ribbon in place.

Click on the link to find a tutorial for the Card-in-a-Box!
Card-in-a-Box Tutorial!
  

1 comment:

crazy4atc said...

Another fabulous tutorial,great directions and pictures!