My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stamping, Masking, and Watercolor Pencils!

This stamped and colored image was used on a Card-in-a-Box project.
This post shows how the image was created.
The stamp is from a set by Jayne Nestorenko "Apple of my Eye Collection"
I used Ranger Archival Ink because I need a quick-drying black ink.  I am using a mouse pad for stamping the image.  The mouse pad helps to create a neater, clearer stamped image.
I used watercolor pencils to color the image.  Watercolor pencils are soft and allow for easy coloring and  shadowing.  Now, I need to add the background!
The background will be created by using a technique called "masking".  I stamped the image on heavy cardstock and carefully cut out the image.  The 'masking' image in this photo has been used previously.  
It is important the masking image not move while the background is added to the image.  I want the masking image to be removable.  I put several drops of Zig "2 Way Glue" on the back of the masking image.  Let this dry completely and the image will become repostionable.
Place the masking image over the stamped image and add the background.  I am using Tim Holtz Distress ink to create the sky and grass.  The Zig glue keeps the image from moving.
The background appears like magic when the masking image is removed!
Save masking image!  It can be used many times!
The sentiment is an inside/outside combo by Stampabilities "Single Flower Sentiment"
The sentiment was stamped with pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
When heat embossing a small image/sentiment, I use this pretty glass tile to protect my work surface.  I use a 12"x 12" ceramic tile for larger pieces. Tip--I usually make 2 of the stamped sentiments, just in case something happens to the one that I want to use.
I separated the two sentiments.  One of the images was layered with blue paper and adhered to the panel beneath the image.  The edges of the panel was inked with ColorBox pigment ink "Peacock".  The completed panel was adhered over the original panel on the Card-in-a-Box.
The second part of the sentiment stamp was layered with blue paper and glued to the card front.
Click the link to find out how to make the Card-in-a-Box that is used for this post.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
I hope you are inspired to Stamp, Mask, and use Watercolor Pencils!




No comments: