My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Spellbinders Gazebo Cutting Die--"Down by the Pond"

Spellbinders Gazebo Cutting Die
The white gazebo was cut using the Cuttlebug 
a mechanical die cutting machine from ProvoCraft
"Sandwich" used...
A Plate
2 thin cardboard shims
C Plate
Cutting die with sharp edges turn up
Waxed paper
Paper used for project (front side facing the die)
B Plate
First card using the Gazebo cutting die.
Card measures 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
The background is created using torn paper.
The embellishments are assorted flowers and butterfly by JoLee.
The second card is larger and has a great deal more detail.
I made the background by tearing paper and inking the edges.
I crumpled the mountains and clouds, then inked the paper.
The paper layers are extended beyond the edges of the card base.
I will trim off the extra when the background is finished.
The trees are cut from a Cuttlebug cutting die "Pine Trees"
This die is no longer available on the Cuttlebug site.  I think it has been "retired".
The gazebo is bright white.  I am using the clouds to balance the impact of the gazebo on the card.
I added "water" with a strip of light blue paper.  
This will help reduce the white of the gazebo, too.
The edges have been cut away.
This defines the area I have to work with when I add the gazebo.
The card measures 5 inches x 7 inches.
To add depth to the card front, I put double sided foam tape on the bottom image.
The second image was positioned on top.
The gazebo is placed on the card front and adhered with liquid glue.
Completed card!
It was fun selecting the flowers and birds to complete the scene!
The flowers are embellishments by JoLee.
A large selection of these embellishments were on the clearance shelves at
Michaels Craft Store.
The birds in flight are from a paper punch by Martha Stewart's collection

Thank you for visiting my blog!


No comments: