My Life Scripture

Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV English Standard Version) Holy Bible
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let the reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wallet Cards! What shall I do with them?

I know! I'll make greeting cards!

Wallet cards are designed for people that need comfort, inspiration, or any reason!
The little cards measure 3 1/2 inches x 2 1/4 inches (approx).  They are usually laminated and can be purchased in the stationery department.  Because of the trademark on the wallet cards, I can't sell the cards I make.  
I need some personal greeting cards to send and give away!
These are the wallet cards that I haven't made into greeting cards....yet!
My friend, Ann, is moving to a new house.  While cleaning out the old house, she found a large stash of wallet cards.  She gave me her large collection!  I immediately thought of making cards!
Cards measure 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches (folded)
My goal is to create cards that do not have thick or bulky embellishments.  
I want to send the cards with regular postage
Inside of the card has been left blank.  A sentiment can be added later.
These cards are made using a set of solid colored and patterned cards and envelopes that I purchased at 
Michael's Craft Store.
There are multiples of some cards.  I did not duplicate the cards.
The bird and button are punched paper embellishments.
 
Three sweet puppies!  Perfect for a friend with a furbaby!
Paper button punch by Martha Stewart.
 
Smaller cards measure 3 1/2 inches x 5 inches (folded)
Paper butterfly punch by Martha Stewart. 'Star' border punch is "An American Girl" brand
 
Another collection of small cards!
The flower embellishments are from JoLee that I found on clearance in Michael's Craft Store.
Scalloped oval is a Sizzix cutting die
 
Two more cards!
 
Most of the wallet cards are one-sided.  There are several cards that are double-sided.  To see the back side of the wallet card, I used a piece of clear plastic for the card front.  The wallet card is adhered with glue dots.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Have a terrific Thursday and wonderful weekend!


1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOW! Look at all those beautiful cards. Isn't it wonderful what you can do with a few great tools! Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady!!!